Most people fear, even hate appraisals. Managers resent having to do them, employees dislike receiving them and as a consequence, they mainly fail and by default have a bad press. However; a good appraisal system which is embedded in the organisations culture, that is used appropriately and are effective, can be an excellent tool for improving performance, succession planning and helping to engage employees within the company.
Duration – 1 Day Course (shorter course available if required)
Upon completion of this training you will:
- Understand the purpose of appraisal
- Be able to prepare an effective appraisal discussion
- Begin the discussion positively, structure it as it unfolds, end it by agreeing the actions which arise from it.
- Cope with awkward situations.
- Identify specific actions to improve their appraisal discussions.