This online course from solved hr on Safeguarding Adults is suitable for those that have a duty of care for or have contact with adults in need of care or support. This can be either as a paid professional or a volunteer. This would include, but is not limited to those that work in the NHS, domiciliary care, community centres, prisons and includes those that are caring for a family member at home. This course sets out the roles and responsibilities of everyone to protect an adult’s right to live in safety and free from abuse and neglect.
This course will enable you and your organisation to take the appropriate measures necessary for the protection of any adults in your care. At the same time, ensuring that they are supported and still have control over how they want to live their lives.
Throughout this course, many of the facts, figures and details pertaining to the risks that adults in need of care and support will be explained as well as the types of abuse they may suffer and information about key safeguarding legislation that must be put in place to ensure the abuse of adults with care and support needs is minimised. Upon completion of this course, staff and employers will have a better understanding of safeguarding principles and how they should be applied.
- Being able to define the key terminology in relation to safeguarding
- Identify the principle laws that relate to safeguarding and why they have been put in place to minimise abuse
- Recognise and respond to the ten types of abuse suffered by vulnerable adults
- Identify and report concerns of abuse or neglect
- Describe your role, responsibilities and boundaries;
- Ensure people are supported and encouraged to make their own decisions and give informed consent
- Manage the environment to minimise the risk of abuse.
Duration: 75 minutes (Note: This is based on the amount of video content shown and is rounded off. It does not account in any way for loading time or thinking time on the questions).
Recommended System Requirements
- Operating System: Windows XP/7/8, Mac OSX (10.6)
- Browser: Chrome 20+, Firefox 28+, Internet Explorer 9, Safari for Mac 5+
- Video: Up to date video drivers
- Memory: 1Gb+ RAM
- Additional Software: Flash Player 10+
- Download Speed: Broadband (3Mb+)